The house was built about 1875 or 1880. Edward and Ann McMenomy were owners of the land when the house was built. Their children were: Catherine, Mary, John, Sarah, George, Edward B., Margaret, and Charles. Both Edward and Ann were born in Ireland. The property was sold to Harry Kirchner for $6,200 in 1918.
The Pickens family lived in the house until 2004. The property was sold to a development company in 2004 or 2005 who ultimately gave the house to Dakota City Heritage Village. The house was moved to the Village on October 11, 2005. The house was originally located northeast of Rosemount quite close to the existing railroad right of way.
Irish immigrants built this house, originally located in Rosemount.